I have been slowly working on Ben & Kate's big kid rooms and they are starting to take shape! I still have quite a bit of work to do but this is what they look like so far....
Kate's walls are the same yellow that their nursery has always been and I knew I wanted fairies so I found the perfect fairy bedspread with yellow in it so I didn't have to repaint! I coordinated it with pink polka dots and plan to throw in some white eyelet too.
I still need to take the brown shelves down. I've ordered a flower canopy that will hang and need to create a few more art pieces for the walls.
This is the dresser I bought at a thrift store for $99. I repainted it and Zayde helped add the crystal knobs. I also painted the fairy pictures- they match the fairies in the bedspread.
I had her glider recovered in a white and lavender dot print. Just need to get a lamp shade for the floor lamp! Love the shaggy pink rug from Grammy. As you can see the crib is still there, every once in a while she chooses to sleep in it, if she gets out of her bed one to many times I put her in it to sleep. She doesn't try to climb out!
This is something I think is so sweet! When I was little I had a prism that hung in my window and every morning it would make little rainbows all in my room. So my mom got one for each Ben and Kate so when we have rainbows in the morning I say "Look Grammy sent you rainbows!"
Here is Ben's room. His comforter is plaid and he has both transportation and balls sheets. I plan on changing his sheets out as he gets older for whatever he is "into". The saying above his bed is a decal from etsy.com
Ben still sleeps in his crib exclusively, by his own choice. Such a good boy- he's never tried to climb out! His big boy bed will be ready when he is- I'll just add some rails on either side. Once I move the crib out I'll add a red shelf for his toys.
Thanks for checking out our big kid rooms! I'll be sure to update once they are complete!
Ten Years Old!
8 years ago
1 comment:
The rooms look super cute! I especially love the decal over Ben's bed..I may need to get one of those for Grant!
Post a Comment