Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Home Tour

Happy New Year everyone! I'm a little late but wanted to take you on a tour of our home decorated for Christmas. I like looking back each year to remember what I did!

My theme is always peppermints and Gingerbread men with a color scheme of mostly red, white and silver. I also used decorative mesh this year- which I loved! It is cheap, easy to work with and reflects light so it kind of glitters! Also I should say, my mom is a HUGE help to me. I could not do all this without her!

My advice on holiday decor is to pick a scheme and stick to it- pick a main character (gingerbread, snowmen, santa, Nutcrackers, etc) and then a 2 or 3 color combination (red/lime green/white, blue/white, black/red/green, etc) and one metallic (either silver or gold). Everything will look more cohesive and it won't be so overwhelming- you'll know what to look for and can start to build a collection from year to year!




 Pictures with Santa the last 3 years!


 Table set up for a cookie exchange

 Ben's tree 
(this year I decided I would start collecting unusual nutcrackers each year for the kids so they will have a collection when they are grown up)

 Kate's tree (notice her candy themed nutcracker)






Lastly our elf on the shelf, Huggin,  bids you farewell!

At Christmas, all roads lead home.  ~Marjorie Holmes

No comments: