Monday, September 20, 2010

Apple Pickin'

I interrupt the birthday recap to tell you about a new Fall tradition we started- going apple picking! I saw my sweet friend from Baylor (Stacy)'s cute pictures on Facebook and I knew we had to go there!

Henrietta Creek Orchard was adorable! Google them and the website will come up. They are in Roanoke. You bring a wagon and bags or baskets for your apples. It's all you can pick for $1.30 a pound. They have several other attractions too- like a butterfly garden, vegetable garden, chickens and a worm tunnel. Wear tennis shoes and bring some bug spray!

Apple Pickin ACTION!


Look what we got!


The grounds were beautiful!

In the Butterfly Garden


Walking through the TeePee


Checking out peppers in the garden

A tractor!

Hi there Mr. Rooster!


With Mommy

 Our "bounty"



It would've been perfect if it had been a cool crisp autumn day, but alas, we are in Texas and it was not. But this will definitley be a new Fall tradition for the Mirksy family!


Lo! sweeten’d with the summer light,
The full-juiced apple, waxing over-mellow,
Drops in a silent autumn night.
All its allotted length of days
The flower ripens in its place,
Ripens and fades, and falls, and hath no toil,
Fast-rooted in the fruitful soil.
~Alfred Lord Tennyson, The Lotos- Eaters

2 comments:

amy said...

So cute and so fun!!!

Jennifer said...

what a great idea! We will certainly add this to our "to do" list.... although I need to find some cute shirts and those adorable bags you brought. :-) Love your blog--I'm a new follower!