So today we went to the fabric store and I let them pick out whatever fleece they wanted. Of course they picked something that I would not have, but I held my tongue since they are their blankets after all! Ben chose a lovely basketball print and Kate picked a purple and hot pink soccer ball pattern.
Once we got home we began cutting. Here they are with their pretend scissors.Check out Kate's headband she is sporting along with her bow. I feel the need to make disclaimers about how they are dressed sometimes!
To make a blanket all you do is get a yard of fleece and cut of the side that has any seam on it. Then cut a small square (about 4x4) at each corner.
Then cut the same length strips all around the blanket.
Next cut a tiny slit at the top of each strip, tuck the strip in it and pull the strip through. Ben & Kate liked helping with that part.
We made Kate's a little smaller and made a matching blanket for Bitty Baby!
They were so proud of their blankets! It was a great little activity.
“It's not so much that we're afraid of change or so in love with the old ways, but it's that place in between that we fear . . . . It's like being between trapezes. It's Linus when his blanket is in the dryer. There's nothing to hold on to.”~ Marilyn Ferguson
No comments:
Post a Comment